A Doing Business study shows that developing economies are catching
up with developed economies in ease of doing business.
Doingbussiness.Org has named Zimbabwe among the top 20 improvers for doing business.
Zimbabwe has improved in a number of areas which Doing Business highlighted:
- Starting a business – (1)”by improving online name search and (2) reducing the Harare Municipality business licensing fee”
- faster approval of construction permits – “(3) more frequent sessions by the municipal building commission in Harare.”
- Deeds registry implemented an internal tracking system – (4)”allowing applicants to track their applications throughout the property transfer process”
- Introducing a new reorganization procedure, allowing creditors to vote on the reorganization plan
In 2020 out of all the 190 businesses Zimbabwe ranks 140.
Some factors that are important for startups, Zimbabwe does not perform well in;
- Starting a business – ranked 176 with a score of 66.48/100
- Getting electricity – ranked 166 with a score of 44.81
Where we shine is in the ability to get credit (ranked 85) and protecting minority investors (ranked 95).